Thursday, May 7, 2009

Silent No Longer

When Blissie first opened this blog she asked me to be a contributor. I agreed not knowing exactly what to expect. Then I started noting those wonderful fashion-minded folks whose company I have the pleasure and high honor of being in for this blog. I have watched and read enthusiastically what each of you have had to say and look at the loveliness you have displayed. I however, have felt unworthy of adding to the excellence here. I have been continuously seeking out something that I could post here.

Last week, I finally had something thrust at me so to speak. West Of Ireland was having an auction to benefit Project Children. I saw a couple dresses and a set of pearls that i wanted to bid on, and did. All the items were by Icings. Oh yeah!! On Sunday I arrived for the end of the auction and was bidding against a gentleman for this one retro black and white dress. I let him have it as my eye was on another, rarer gem.

This delightful cocktail dress was labeled as a one of a kind down to the very color which was designed especially for this auction number. I had been out bid, but then upped my bid by another 1000L. The most I had paid for a SL dress before was 1800L. (/me faints) My bid of 4000L won this cocktail dress for me. But I was far from finished.

There was one last item on the auction that was not a dress. it was this set of pearls, including the earrings. I am a pear fanatic. My favorite jewelry in RL is my pearls and I mostly wear pearls in SL as well. I had to have these. My bid was the last one taken and was 2000L. So i paid a grand total of 6000L for the dress and pearls. this means I will be living in this for a while. I am not one to spend so much on things like this, but all proceeds went to a great cause and I do believe the price was worth it. Visit Icing and find a few sweet things for yourself.
My other items: shoes are the main ones I wear - Seductress in black by Adam and Eve
Stockings are sheer black by Bettys
Hair - Bish Entice

2 comments:

  1. Your Blog website is nice; however, would you like to differentiate your Blog website? This book -- Creating Unique Websites With Blogger -- will show you how. Check it out at: http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=3863884
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Black sheep got SPAMMED????

    very nice entry Parker! love the dress and that you were able to donate at the same time is marvelous!
    wtchy

    ReplyDelete